Saturday, September 26, 2009

Want to Get FASTER?


We went over CrossFit Endurance Running technique (aka POSE) last week during boot camp. As with all of our programming, there is a REASON we teach this. CrossFit Endurance (www.crossfitendurance.com) is the leader in combining CrossFit with endurance sport training. Their results speak for themselves.

There are some great videos on their site as well, which I highly recommend. If you pay attention to their programming, they recommend CrossFitting (in this instance, boot camp will suffice) with interval/tempo training 2-3X per week.

If you are serious about racing and want to get faster, TEAM SURVIVAL invites you to two interval/tempo workshops weekly:

TUESDAY eves 7:30pm. Meet at Stonehurst Park--we rotate between sprints/intervals and tempo/stamina workouts.

SATURDAY am 7:00am at Arcadia High School--offered by Team CrossFit Academy's, Kristy Sketeris, this training session starts off with POSE training, then alternates between intervals and tempo workouts as well.

If you attend both weekly, you will get in one interval and one tempo workout. I will start posting the workouts on the blog, so you'll know what you're missing!


We have LOADS of races coming up. Join us and excel!

Here's a great success story from the CrossFit Endurance site:

"Learning to run POSE was a challenge (still is) although I am a much better runner because of the training. When we started I never thought I'd be able to run a full 6 miles as I  could barely run 1/2 mile without stopping. Before I started training with you I had bad form and was slow, slow, slow; you have video to prove it! I competed in my first triathlon on Sept 7 and was 2nd in my age group. I finished the sprint distance in 1:18:03 with a run time of 21:20. On Sept. 27 I finished the Orange Co. International Tri, olympic distance, in 2:33:57 with a run time of 48:46 good enough for another 2nd place finish. The run was very hard but I just kept pulling up those feet and managed the 10th best run time out of 145 women aged 49 and below. I would never have been able to run this fast and efficient without learning POSE."
Thanks again,  
-Regina Froemling



Additionally, shoes DO make a difference. There is only ONE running store in the area worth your business, that is "Run With Us" in Pasadena. Let me know if you're going to go there. I'll put you on a list good for a 10% discount.








No comments:

Post a Comment