Sunday, September 13, 2009

Avoiding Mediocrity

First off, Congratulations to Matt Olmeda. He SMOKED his first 5K this past weekend with a 22:10 time!!! Absolutely FANTASTIC! Congratulations, Matt!!


So why do we train? Is it fun? No, not really. Not when you really get down to brass tacks. Training, while doing it, is anything but fun; it's very hard work.

Why then, do we do it?

I think it is because we are not satisfied with mediocrity. I believe each of us, who finally makes the decision to get off our butts and do something about it, is sick and tired of being bored, mundane, average and living a life we NEVER thought would happen to us...in some way or another.

I can think of nothing worse than living out the rest of my life watching TV, getting weaker and weaker and less and less able to do anything I dreamed of...or anything at all.

No, I believe each of us decided we wanted to do something else. And now that we're here, we may discover that we sold ourselves short as to what we are truly capable of.

Today I will be asking each of you again, what are your goals? Why are you here? What do you hope to accomplish?

You may "just want to feel better" or "get more fit" or lose weight. Or, you may decide that now you really believe you can run your first marathon, or do a triathlon or maybe learn to row.

Whatever it is, I sincerely believe Team Survival can help get you there.

I am so close to being able to unveil the CrossFit side of things to each of you. It is the next step in your training progression, no matter WHAT you wish to accomplish.

Hang tight and Stay tuned...

MONDAY AM WOD
"Go Keren, Go"
AMRAP in 30 mins of:
Run 400 meters
25 Burpees

MONDAY PM WOD:

I have a very special guest coming. She is considering Team Survival as a boot camp for middle school children 2 days/week. I will be running the boot camp tonight a bit different than usual. Prepare for "motivational consequences".

"Long Susan"

8 rounds for time of:
200m run
10 squats
10 push ups

Followed by: 1 min max jumping pullups

Post names, times and comments.

4 comments:

  1. AM RESULTS

    TAMMY: 4 ROUNDS PLUS RUN + 11 BURPEES
    DAVE: 3 ROUNDS

    ASSESSMENTS NEWBIES AND RETURNING NEWBIE:

    MARYANN 10:41 MILE/5 AMRAP
    WARREN 11:02 MILE/3 +10+5 AMRAP
    DIANA 14:40 MILE/2 AMRAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. PM RESULTS:

    ASSESSMENT:
    ANGIE BEFORE MI/AMRAP 13:25/4
    AFTER MI/AMRAP 10:52/10 Burpees (accident), then 3 +10+10+2

    MAINSITE WOD BURPEE/RUN:

    KEREN 34:36
    MATT 38:24
    CHARLES 38:29
    BARB 42:57
    MELYN 43:32
    CHRISTY 44:07

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon ........ Thanx 4 the 'Publicity'on my First 5K....... lol.... Not NEEDED,But MUCH Appreciated. Also, Here's the Race Results Website :https://www.runraceresults.com/Secure/RaceResults.cfm?ID=RCOY2009

    I Would Enjoy some 'Company' on my NEXT 5K Adventure, so I Thought it might be a 'Good Idea' if I Posted the Website that You Directed Me To:www.active.com , in the HOPE That My Fellow 'Campers' Might Be Inspired To 'Dip-Their-Toes' in the Events? This Website is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !! ....... Once You Register and Sign-Up for an Event, They Will Keep You in the Know about EVERY EVENT or COMPETITION That You Can Imagine.... PLUS,as they did with the 'Original 5K' that I was to Run September 5th,in Aliso Viejo, they will send you Event Updates to Give-U-the-Latest on any Event that You Register for !! ( That's How I Learned that the Aliso Viejo 5K Run had been 'Postponed', Due To Poor Air-Quality from the Recent Forest Fires ...... OTHERWISE, I Would Have Driven ALL-THE-WAY-DOWN-THERE ......
    Only To Discover that it had been 'Postponed on that Saturday !!........ A 75 Mile Drive, One-Way, Aint-No-Joke ....lol )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ....... BTW: Retractions & Corrections Department - Turns Out I Was ACTUALLY 16th OVERALL ( Oopss!! )........ But My RECORDED Time was ACTUALLY 22:04 ( Ooopss AGAIN!!)........ My BAD, lol !!

    ReplyDelete