Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ways to Win at Paleo

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how your Paleo Challenge is going so far. Today will be DAY 4.  I thought it would be a good idea to put a link on the side of the blog of some of your Paleo recipes and/or some you've found that you think are particularly good. Their ingredients must be in accordance with the Whole 9 Blog. Put them in the Comments section or email them to me.


Here's my FAVORITE thing I make. I've followed this recipe at least 6 times, and each time, it is DIVINE. And since it is made in a Crock Pot, it is super easy.


ROPA VIEJA
2 pounds flank steaks, trimmed
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
3 tablespoons capers
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 tsp reconstituted lemon juice 
28 oz can diced tomatoes plus juice


Put meat, garlic and 1 cup water in Crock Pot. Cook on high for about 1-2 hours until meat is done. Take two forks and shred the meat. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for about 2 hours (depends upon your Crock Pot).


Serve with fried plantains. GOOD!

DON'T FORGET, WE STILL NEED 4 MORE PEOPLE TO DO THE SMR CLINIC!!!
SIGN UP TODAY! 


WOD
YOU LOVED IT SO MUCH...


BEAR COMPLEX
5 ROUNDS FOR COMPLETION
135/95
CLEAN
FRONT SQUAT
PUSH PRESS
BACK SQUAT
PUSH PRESS

ANY DROP OF BAR EARN PENALTY OF 20 BURPEES

4 comments:

  1. :46 seconds...


    I've been doing good so far with the paleo challenge... even though my mom made my favorite dish today - Chile Relleno and Rice - and if you ever have my mom's cooking you would know how difficult it is to walk away from her food. It was extremely tempting but I was able to stay strong and walk away with my head down... I must stay away from her kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Myrna. Stay strong. Here's one of my fave quotes to help you along: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

    ReplyDelete