Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tell Me 10 Things You Believe About CrossFit


Hello?

You know guys, part of the fun of a blog is that I talk to you guys, and you guys are supposed to talk back!

I know most of you boot campers read this, as you tell me. C'mon! Speak up. I want to hear YOUR voice, YOUR opinion.

Here's a fun one. 


List 10 Things you believe about CrossFit 
(Team Survival Boot Camp/mainly bodweight version is fine!)

Here are mine:
1. I no longer have to sweat alone. I BELIEVE in the community. All of my friends here make this whole endeavor worthwhile. Without the group, I would not be half the athlete I am today. Without the group, my discipline is lacking.  With the group, I excel.


  2. I love being in a community where muscles on women are sexy, not gross. (And women earn their muscles the hard way and still look like women)!

3. I believe in weight lifting. I believe in lifting heavy, and that true power is gained from learning to lift (both Power and Olympic lifts)--both physically and mentally. I love that I never even heard of the Olympic lifts before CrossFit, and now I'm on an Olympic Weightlifting team! 


4. I believe in pull ups. I believe in the mental fortitude that pushing past hand tears teaches people. I believe pull ups really separate the boys/girls from the men/women.


5. I believe in squats--both with weight and without. I believe the squat is the single most important movement in any exercise program, and I'll be damned if I ever want to get old and not be able to do these. I believe all the emphasis that is put on them is worth the rewards.

6. I believe there should NOT be a MASTER'S division in the CrossFit Games. If I didn't know a bad-ass named Donna, who at 56 is one of the toughest women I know, I wouldn't be so adamant about this. Separating her out is unfair to the youngsters who would miss out on the opportunity to compete against her. Additionally, if anything, CrossFit has made me more fit as I age, so why not test the theory by letting us compete with the rest of the group?

7. I believe that communal coaching is good, and that CrossFit fosters this. Coaches beget coaches who help coach newbies. We all win.

8. I believe that body weight workouts are a blast and are hugely important to development as an athlete.   


9. I believe that intensity is where it's at, for without intensity, CrossFit wouldn't be as good as it is, and we wouldn't be as good as we are.

10. I believe CrossFit has forever changed the face of fitness as we know it. The fact that so many are copying it is a testimony to this.


WOD

"Your Choice"

1. 20 RFTO (rounds for time of):
5 push ups, 5 sit ups, 5 squats


2. 20 RFTO
5 push ups, 10 sit ups


3. 300 sit ups for time

TARGET: SUB 20 MINUTES


THURSDAY AM CLASS IS MEETING AT BURBANK HIGH SCHOOL TRACK. WE ARE MEETING AT THE ENTRANCE OFF GLENOAKS. CHECK BACK LATER FOR DIRECTIONS. HEADLAMPS ARE MANDATORY.

2 comments:

  1. I Believe In...

    Loyalty...
    Duty...
    Respect...
    Selfless Service...
    Honor...
    Integrity...
    Personal Courage...

    But Most Importantly...

    I Believe In...

    You!

    Keep It Up

    E-

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe in...

    team and self motivation
    the journey
    mind and body transformation
    feeling pain & knowing I worked hard for it
    sweat
    my brand new abs! :)
    one day achieving pull ups & a perfect set of knees to elbows!

    will do this WOD over the weekend and see you tonight for some running!

    ReplyDelete